The Year of Mercy Beckons - Retreat #1
On November 14, 2015, Spirit of Life was host to a women's retreat entitled: The Year of Mercy Beckons...A Personal Retreat for Women Seeking Purpose, Peace, Faith, Forgiveness. Speakers at the retreat were Monsignor Thomas Richter, Cheryl Hansen, Valerie Jundt and Monsignor Chad Gion. Below are the talks given at the retreat. After each talk, the women were given time for personal reflection with exercises, at which time reflection slides were shown.
- Welcome and Opening Prayer - Msgr. Chad Gion
- The Dignity and Genius of Women ~ Our Purpose - Msgr. Thomas Richter Reflection Slides
- Finding Acceptance and Peace + "Our Lady Undoer of Knots" - Cheryl Hansen Reflection Slides
- Faith + The Gift of Our Faith Part 1 ||| Faith + The Gift of Our Faith Part 2 - Valerie Jundt Slides During Talk | Reflection Slides
Prior to listening to this next talk, please take the time to view the video A Letter from the People of the Cross.
- Forgiveness + The Need to Forgive Ourselves and Others + The Sacrament of Reconciliation/Seeking Mercy - Msgr Chad Gion Reflection Slides
The Teresian Carmelite Sisters assigned to Spirit of Life Carmel Convent led all in the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Although this iteration was not recorded, the link above will take you to a website which instructs you in how to pray the chaplet and its history. This link will also guide you through how to pray the chaplet.
Michelle Duppong wishes to thank all of you for your generosity at the retreat: Michelle's Thank You Slide